A Food-Secure Pioneer Valley– from Our Fields to Our Tables
Tuesday, October 16 – Greek Cultural Center, Springfield, MA
8:45 – 9:00 Arrivals, Coffee, Tea, Bagels, Muffins & Mingling
9:00 – 12:15 PVGrows Forum
- Ibrahim Ali, Gardening the Community
- Sam Stegeman, PVGrows
- Christina Maxwell, Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
- Tasha Moultrie-Phillips, Mason Square Food Justice Task Force, will talk about community organizing for food justice in Springfield.
- Tory Field, Farmer and Co-Owner of Next Barn Over Farm, Hadley.
- Deb Habib, Executive Director, Seeds of Solidarity, Orange.
- Glynn Lloyd, Founder and CEO of City Fresh Foods, Boston.
The PVPC Food Security Plan (Download the Plan here.)
- Catherine Ratte, Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
- Kelly Coleman, Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture
- Christina Maxwell, Food Bank of Western Mass
12:15 – 1:00 Lunch
Tables arranged by Working Group
1:30 – 2:30 Pioneer Valley Food Security Plan Comment Session (Optional)
1:30 – 3:00 Tour of Gardening the Community (Optional)