The Slow Money PV Chapter was pleased to host its first Entrepreneur Showcase on January 28, 2014. Six local food system entrepreneurs told their story to interested investors. Over 80 PVGrows members attended this event, designed to provide investors with concrete opportunities to align their dollars with their values. Plans are underway to replicate this successful event in the coming year.
For investors, the Entrepreneur Showcase provides access to sustainable food and farming enterprises at different stages of development, from the start-up phase to the expansion of existing businesses. Participating businesses are seeking different levels of financing— from small loans to major capital, as well as donations. The Slow Money PV Chapter encourages investors of all resource levels to attend these Showcases, including institutional, individual, accredited, and unaccredited investors.
Slow Money Pioneer Valley Entrepreneur Showcase
Tuesday, January 28, 4:00 – 7:00 pm
The Red Barn at Hampshire College
4:00 – Arrival and Networking
4:30 – Entrepreneur Showcase
- Welcome from Beth Hooker, Hampshire College Sustainability Initiative Director. Hear how Hampshire is walking the Slow Money talk with its Healthy Food Transition, including the 100% Local Food Challenge.
- Introduction to Slow Money
- Entrepreneur Presentations
6:00 – Informal Networking For Investors and Entrepreneurs
7:00 – End
If you didn’t attend, but are interested in engaging with the leadership team or attending future Slow Money events, please join the working group by becoming a member of PVGrows here, and clicking the “Slow Money” box.
Check out some Entrepreneur Pitches from the 2013 Slow Money National Gathering in Boulder, CO below. Learn more about Slow Money.
The Slow Money PV Chapter Leadership Team is:
- Spirit Joseph (co-chair), Cooperative Fund of New England
- Jeff Rosen (co-chair), Solidago Foundation
- Paul DiLeo, Grassroots Capital Management
- Tom Willits, Lydia B. Stokes Foundation
- Scott Reed, Invest. Here. Now.
- Kyra Kristof, Pollin8r / Provender
- Dan Rosenberg, Real Pickles
- Sam Stegeman, PVGrows / CISA