The Slow Money Pioneer Valley Chapter is pleased to host its third meeting on May 22nd. The chapter formed in 2012 to catalyze community-based investment in the local food system by connecting investors, farmers and entrepreneurs in order to strengthen our local and regional food economy.
Since our last meeting, we have formed a leadership team, refined our focus, and initiated a new structure that promises to offer some shared thinking and an opportunity for action. While we still have far to go, we’re taking our next step on May 22nd, and we want you to join us.
Slow Money Pioneer Valley Chapter Meeting
Wednesday, May 22, 1:30 – 3:00 pm
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
UMass Conference Center, Room 162-75 (1st Floor)
- an investor or individual serious about local investing?
- a food system entrepreneur looking to find investors who “get” what you do?
If so, this meeting is for you!
Please note that the meeting is NOT focused on “food system financing” in general. It will be focused on farm and food businesses receiving direct investments (equity, debt, etc.) from individual investors. We will also be hearing from a few local investment institutions that are currently taking local investments to support those same farm and food businesses.
- Panel Discussion – Hear from farm and food entrepreneurs whose businesses faced an investment challenge and the investors who are helping overcome that challenge.
- Learn about opportunities to invest locally today— and hear about some options on the horizon. Presenters:
- Equity Trust, Jim Oldham
- Cooperative Fund of New England, Spirit Joseph
- Common Capital, Michael Abbate
- Meet the new leadership team, and offer your opinion on the chapter’s strategic direction.
This event is a big step in advancing the mission of the Slow Money PV Chapter, and we hope you will join us. If you can’t attend, but are interested in engaging with the leadership team or attending future Slow Money events, please join the working group by becoming a member of PVGrows here, and clicking the “Slow Money” box.
The Slow Money Pioneer Valley Chapter Leadership Team:
- Joe Grafton (co-chair), American Independent Business Alliance
- Jeff Rosen (co-chair), Solidago Foundation
- Paul DiLeo, Grassroots Capital Management
- Kyra Kristof, Pollin8r
- Dan Rosenberg, Real Pickles
- Sam Stegeman, PVGrows