The PVGrows Fall Forum 2012
Thanks to Jessica Tanner and Northampton Community TV for this great video.
- You can view video of the past 3 PVGrows Forums on our PVGrows YouTube Channel.
- And photos of the Forums are posted on our Facebook photo page.
The PVGrows Fall Forum, entitled “A Food-Secure Pioneer Valley- from Our Fields to Our Tables,” addressed ways to increase people’s access to affordable, nutritious food, and to build a sustainable farming and food system in the Pioneer Valley. Forum participants collaborated to lay the foundation for a “food secure” Pioneer Valley.
The PVGrows Fall Forum featured projects that are working to increase the capacity of regional food production while simultaneously supporting individual and household food accessibility and affordability.
- Tasha Moultrie-Phillips, Mason Square Food Justice Task Force, spoke about community organizing for food justice in Springfield.
- Tory Field, Farmer and Co-Owner of Next Barn Over Farm, Hadley.
- Deb Habib, Executive Director, Seeds of Solidarity, Orange.
- Glynn Lloyd, Founder and CEO of City Fresh Foods, Boston.
Through the Fall Forum’s interactive sessions, representatives of various organizations worked together to address food security challenges and solutions. The Forum additionally provided an opportunity for participants to review the new draft of the Pioneer Valley Food Security Plan, a product of the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission (PVPC). As per usual, the Forum included structured networking, opportunities for collaboration, and a locally grown lunch!
The PVGrows Spring Forum
Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012
Greek Cultural Center, Springfield
9:00 am – 1:00 pm Forum
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Pioneer Valley Food Security Plan Comment Session (Optional)
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Tour of Gardening the Community (Optional)
- Fall Forum Program Details.
- Download the new Pioneer Valley Food Security Plan.
- Read more about the PVGrows Forum.
Thanks to the Spring Forum Sponsors: