The PVGrows Spring Forum will be held May 22, 2013 at UMass Amherst. Thanks to UMass Dining Services for being our Lead Sponsor. ***Register Now*** Local Food for Schools, Hospitals, & Other Institutions How can we advance Farm to Institution connections in the Pioneer Valley? In a healthy food system, nutritious locally grown foods are [...]
Spring Forum Registration Now Open – Local Food for Schools, Hospitals, & Other Institutions – May 22
The Slow Money Pioneer Valley Chapter is pleased to host its third meeting on May 22nd. The chapter formed in 2012 to catalyze community-based investment in the local food system by connecting investors, farmers and entrepreneurs in order to strengthen our local and regional food economy. Since our last meeting, we have formed a leadership [...]
The PVGrows Loan Fund has announced our new partnership with the Fair Food Network. Pioneer Valley farm and food businesses applying for loans from the PVGrows Loan Fund are now eligible for business assistance funds. “This is an exciting development for local farm and food businesses who might be considering financing an expansion, but who don’t have [...]
By Kamilah Weeks, PVGrows Contributor “How did sustainability become an issue that was so easily put in a marginal category of people who are clearly not all like everyone else? The Prius driving, NPR-[listening], pinot noir drinking, fleece wearing, upper middle class white suburban folks? That is how we are perceived as a field. We’ve [...]
Search this Site
STAY UP TO DATE!
- Events on May 22, 2013
- PVGrows Spring ForumStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: May 22, 2013 - 1:30 PMDescription: REGISTRATION REQUIRED: http://www.pvgrows.net/2013-spring-forum/
Local Food for Schools, Hospitals, & Other Institutions
How can we advance Farm to Institution connections in the Pioneer Valley?
In a healthy food system, nutritious locally grown foods are being served in schools, hospitals, prisons, and other institutions. Come to the PVGrows Spring Forum to learn how these partnerships are being built, and what you can do to support their growth.
Interactive sessions are designed to connect you to people and organizations with Farm to Institution challenges and solutions similar to your own.
And as usual, the Forum includes structured networking, opportunities for collaboration, and a locally grown lunch!
* This event is open to anyone working for a healthy food system in the Pioneer Valley.
* Space is limited to 120.
* The Forum is free. ($10 lunch food donation suggested).
* Wed, May 22, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
* 10th Floor of the UMass Hotel & Conference Center, Amherst
- Slow Money PV Chapter MeetingStarts: 1:30 PMEnds: May 22, 2013 - 3:00 PMDescription: Slow Money Pioneer Valley Chapter Meeting
Wednesday, May 22, 1:30 - 3:00 pm
University of Massachusetts, Amherst (Room TBD)
Register for this free event here: http://www.pvgrows.net/slow-money-pv-chapter-meeting-may-22/
* an investor or individual serious about local investing?
* a food system entrepreneur looking to find investors who "get" what you do?
If so, this meeting is for you!